- Nprn: 7368
- Summary: Alltyblaca Unitarian Chapel was built in 1741 then rebuilt in 1832 and 1892. The present chapel, dated 1892, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the long-wall entry type with a detached chapel house/vestry. Two entrance doors flank a single round-headed window. On the first floor two smaller round-headed windows, one above either door, flank a rectanular plaque.
Large enough for a congregation of 250 in 1905 (Royal Commission on the Church of England and Other Religious Buildings in Wales and Monmouthshire census)and was valued at £800.
- Description: Chapel built 1740/1; rebuilt 1832 (1837) & 1892., building style is simple round-headed, long-wall entry type. Status (1998): in chapel use.
Ca 1832, rebuilt 1892 with rendered façade, stone-built, 2-storey, simple round-headed style chapel of long-wall-entry plan & slate gable roof. Graveyard & detached, stone-built, 2-storey, chapel-house/vestry at front of chapel.
GA Ward 15/06/1998.
- Restored: 1892 Source:Plaque
- Built: 1741 Source:Evan James
- Built: 1740 Source:Horsfall-Turner
- Built: 1740 Source:Plaque
- Built: 1837 Source:1851 Census
- Cause: 1740 Source:Evan James
- Date Of Chapel: 1892 Source:
- Rebuilt: 1832 Source:Plaque
- Rebuilt: 1892 Source:Horsfall-Turner
- Renewed: 1892 Source:Evan James
- Rebuilt: 1832 Source:Evan James
- £ 800: 1905 (RCCEORBWM)
- 250: 1905 (RCCEORBWM)
- 240: 1851 ()
- Chapel: 1997 (Welsh Unitarian Handbook)
- Chapel: 2011 (Denominational website)
- Welsh: ()
- Monument Type: CHAPEL
- Form: Building
- Storey: Two storey
- Style: Simple Round-Headed
- Plan: Long-wall entry
- Window Glazing: Leaded
- Windows: Round-headed
Key Details of this Chapel
Key Dates of this Chapel
Costs during this Chapels History
Capacities during this Chapels History
Changes of Status its History
The Languages of the Chapel during its History
Key Characteristics of this Chapel
Images from Coflein
- Grid Reference: SN52394589
- Address: ALLTYBLACA